Ham Radio MD 2107 sma connector hight adjustment

Ham Radio- MD 2107 sma connector hight adjustment

The design of the antenna connector on the TYT MD-2017 is not the best. In addition I think the locking ring is being overtightened at the factory and this may be causing the connector to break. In this video I look at the problems and present what I believe to be a permanent fix that is easy to do and costs next to nothing.



Ham Radio MD 2107 sma connector hight adjustment

SMA connector of the TYT MD-2017

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/18/2017

    The good news now is that you can finally buy the connector on ebay when it breaks. It's pretty easy to replace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/18/2017

    I think the biggest problem is people over tightening the antenna because it has a large diameter base and its easy to grip and tighten. I did the same as you, I used a 3rd party antenna along with a neoprene washer and it works great. The receive and transmit are much better also. I'm really impressed with your video, you explained things very well and very thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant job. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/10/2018

    I have two 2017s and even though they were not broken, YET, I swapped them out with the SMA connector from the UV-5R radio. Instead of sticking out, the antenna stem goes inside the connector. Much more sturdy. Same bolt down pattern and inside solder stem with both connectors. I ordered them from 409shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up

A discussion group about this subject.

Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
DigitalHamRADIO@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO
****** share this with others *******


Amateur Radio Users Support Group
AmateurRadio@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/AmateurRadio
****** share this with others *******